Posted on: 2nd February 2018
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Service Engineer based at our Maidstone Depot.
Within this role, you will carry out essential maintenance and servicing to our hire machinery, either at the depot or on-site with our clients. You will offer breakdown resolutions and an effective repairs service, ensuring excellent customer satisfaction.
About the Role
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role and have a background in mobile plant products and/or electrical engineering / mechanical engineering. Qualifications (NVQ or equivalent) in Plant Maintenance or Agricultural Equipment or Electrical Engineering are essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing company and work with some of the key players in the construction and damage restoration industries. We offer an excellent benefits package and opportunities for further progression as the company continues to expand.
A full UK driver’s licence is required for this position.
- Carry out planned and routine maintenance to all electrical building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations and agreed service level agreements
- Respond to plant / equipment breakdowns and effect emergency repairs as needed
- Keep comprehensive and accurate maintenance records
- Follow Method Statements and Risk Assessments to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that subcontractors comply with contractual commitments and equipment is repaired on budget
- To develop a good working relationship with client representatives and all members of internal and external staff
- Ensure the provision of a safe and healthy working environment, and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as required
- Ensure a professional image is presented to clients and visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and promoted at all times.
- Maintain the workshop with full compliance to relevant Health & Safety Regulations and work to existing risk assessments and COSHH
- Carry out general housekeeping of work areas to ensure that they are maintained and in a safe condition, seeking advice where necessary
Desired Skills & Experience
- City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent in Plant Maintenance or Agricultural Equipment or Electrical Engineering are essential
- Valid CSCS Card
- Good working knowledge of general building services maintenance and the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Good knowledge of working on Commercial sector contracts
- Experience in fault finding / diagnostics
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
- Good communication skills and an understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service
- Multi-disciplined Engineer