Posted on: 10th March 2016
Team Leader for Water and Fire Damage Restoration services.
Team Leader is responsible for the effective completion of water and fire damage jobs and other restoration-related activities.
About the Role
You are responsible for the effective completion of the job. To achieve this outcome, you will be required to identify job requirements and possible non-conformances and then to clarify any non-conformances in methods, time frames resource allocations etc. You will be required to verify the team members allocated to the job and to place a courtesy call to the customer to confirm the job details.
- You will receive notification of new jobs, read and understand the job, the method statements and the equipment and resources required to carry out the job.
- You will verify and sign the Project Delivery Checklist after resolving handover discrepancies.
- To resolve handover discrepancies
Logistics and communication
- You will be required to verify the team members allocated to the job and to place a courtesy call to the customer to confirm the job details.
- You will verify the allocated vehicle, confirm its capacity and carry out routine vehicle checks identifying, reporting and resolving any non-conformances on the vehicle.
- You will check the route, identify possible delays and establish departure times
- You will inform the team, confirm their availability and coordinate team travel plans
- You are responsible for the effective completion of the job. To achieve this outcome, you will be required to identify job requirements and possible non-conformances and then to clarify any non-conformances in methods, time frames resource allocations etc.
- You will draw required materials, equipment and PPE from stock and you will identify the disposal route for waste accumulated during the completion of works.
- You are responsible for the safe arrival of your team on site and will implement agreed travel coordination, placing a courtesy call to the client in order to confirm your ETA
Health and safety
- You are responsible for the health and safety of your team.
- o You will review risk assessments and method statements with them and will have the method statements signed by team members
- You will complete the safe start document before commencing work and will carry out required entry routines as per site instructions
- You will carry out site verification against job description, complete risk assessments and take appropriate measures to reduce risks, implement control measures (Incl. additional PPE etc.)
Variations to Order
- You are responsible for the accurate costing of jobs after completion. In order to make this possible, you are required to identify and resolve discrepancies between the on-site reality and the job description (Incl. time, materials, chemicals etc.)
- You will record suggested variations to order (VTO’s), obtain authorisation through the office to action VTO’s and update documentation with agreed VTO’s
- You assess the task, prioritise the work activities and allocate tasks / responsibility, tools and resources to team members as appropriate
- You will oversee the efficient delivery of the job, resolve problems and ensure the highest quality standards, carrying out regular checks to ensure that works are carried out correctly.
- You will verify completed work with the appropriate site representative and will obtain day and job completion sign offs.
- At the end of the day or the project, whichever comes soonest, you will complete pack down checklists and return the kit, equipment and resources to your van.
- You will identify routine maintenance requirements on plant and equipment and will make appropriate notes on damaged equipment labels which should be fixed to the faulty equipment
- You are required to ensure the safe return of your team to the depot or other destination as agreed.
- Upon your return to the depot, you will check equipment and excess stock back into stores and return van keys to the key cabinet following unpacking
- You will ensure that all documentation in the job bag is complete, that the project checklist is checked and will then return the completed job pack to planning (Incl. timesheets, expenses etc.)
- You will be required to carry out other tasks / activities that may be given from time to time at the discretion of management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in water and fire damage restoration works is essential
- BDMA Water Damage Technician certificate preferred
- Other damage management / restoration courses and certification
- Full, clean UK driving license
- CSCS card
Proficiencies associated with this position include, but are not limited to Numeracy and literacy, the completion of the IRG induction program, the ability to learn and operate our operations delivery system, customer relations, leadership, a current drivers licence, the ability to identify and manage stock, the ability to carry out appropriate vehicle checks, health and safety and a knowledge of the IRG products and services.