Posted on: 31st January 2018
This role is responsible for delivering the services of the Ideal Group excellently, in a safe, efficient manner.
About the Role
- Treat customers and IRGL team members politely and with respect
- Receive and respond to notifications of scheduled work from Operations
- Assist with the preparation and packing of equipment and materials
- Receive and confirm understanding of work instructions, method statements and risk assessments relating to the job from the team leader
- Complete entry requirements upon arrival on site, understand site COSSH and health and safety regulations
- Make certain that the correct PPE is used and care taken at all times, carefully obey health and safety instructions
- Safely complete work instructions to the highest standard within the time allowed
- Inform the team leader of changes to risks on site
- Assist the team with pack down at the end of each working day and at the end of the project
- Assist the team with unpacking and storing resources and equipment upon return to the depot
- Keep vehicles clean and well organised
- Submit an accurate timesheet by 10am on Monday mornings
- Learning: Ability to acquire understanding and absorb information rapidly
- Pragmatism: Generates sensible, realistic practical solutions to problems
- Resourcefulness / Initiative: Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success.
- Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results-oriented “doer”
- Listening: Tunes in accurately to the opinions, feelings, and needs of people. Empathetic. Patient. Let’s others speak. Listens actively.
- Customer focus: Monitors client satisfaction. Establishes partner relationship with clients. Visible and accessible to clients.
- Team player: Reaches out to peers. Overcomes we / they. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for company
Desired Skills & Experience
- CSCS (essential)
- Drivers licence (essential)
- IPAF (preferable)
- Drivers licence up to 7.5 tonne (preferable)
- COSHH (preferable)
- Fundamentals of health and safety (essential)
- Forklift drivers licence (preferable)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills associated with the role.
Furthermore, it is understood that the accountabilities of an individual may change with company needs. In the event of such change, they will be made in a reasonable manner.
All Managers have a responsibility for:
- Taking all reasonable care to ensure that The Ideal Response Group Ltd complies with the relevant health and safety legislation and with all other legislation relevant to their role.
- Managers are responsible for the following areas as far as they relate to safety, environment, quality, complaints handling, asset management and information security:
- Ensuring that policies, procedures and reporting methods are developed, implemented and promoted.
- Regularly communicating on all issues and information.
- Ensuring that equipment is purchased, maintained and used according to policies and procedures and that risk assessments are provided.
- Maintaining and modelling a commitment to safety, environmental sustainability, asset integrity and information security.
- Acting on any referred incidents or injuries, near misses, equipment faults, complaints and information security matters.
- Ensuring that reported hazards are isolated, assessed, eliminated or controlled.
- Ensuring that all accidents, incidents, near misses, faults and complaints are reported and investigated.
- Ensuring that emergency evacuation procedures are in place and personnel have been trained on such procedures.
- Ensuring relevant health and safety information is provided to visitors and contractors.
All team members are responsible for:
- Taking reasonable care of their health and safety and that of other people at the workplace.
- Following reasonable instructions, policies and procedures and using personal protective equipment where needed.
- Identifying and reporting any workplace incidents, accidents, hazards, complaints, near misses, equipment faults or contamination and information security matters to their Manager.
- Being involved in discussions concerning issues relative to safety, environment, complaints, asset management and information security.
- Being aware of potential safety and environmental hazards.
- Not interfering with, or removing any safety guards, safety devices or protective equipment provided by Ideal Response Group Ltd.
- Keeping work areas and the depot clean and tidy.
- Attending relevant training.