Posted on: 11th March 2016
Technician for Water and Fire Damage Restoration services.
A Water and Fire Damage Restoration Technician is responsible for the fast response to emergency water damage jobs and other restoration-related activities.
About the Role
You will be required to carry out planned work as directed by the team leader to IRG quality standards and to follow routines as instructed by the team leader.
- Quality and standards are essential parts of the delivery of our services. You will be required to read & understand IG policies on quality, customer service & technician dress & behaviour codes (as per IG handbook)
Duties & responsibilities
- You will receive notification of scheduled work and will be required to confirm availability & logistics within reasonable time of receiving the instruction
- You will arrive on site and will receive your work instructions, method statements & risk assessments from your team leader
- You will be required to read & confirm your understanding of the instructions and to sign appropriate documents as directed by your team leader
- You will be responsible to ensure that your personal control measures are in place (Incl. PPE, etc.)
- You will be required to inform your team leader of changes to identified risks associated with the site
- You will be required to carry out required entry routines as per site instructions when you arrive on site, to ensure that you understand COSSH & other applicable Health & Safety regulations.
- You will be required to carry out planned work as directed by the team leader to IG quality standards and to follow pack down routines as instructed by the team leader at the end of the project
- You will be required to exit site safely and to confirm your time sheet details with team leader as directed
- You will be required to carry out other tasks / activities that may be arranged from time to time at the discretion of management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in water and fire damage restoration works is essential
- Damage management / restoration certificates preferred, but not essential
- Full, clean UK driving license
- CSCS card
Proficiencies associated with this position include, but are not limited to Numeracy and literacy, the completion of the IRG induction program, the ability to learn and operate our operations delivery system, customer relations, leadership, a current drivers licence, the ability to identify and manage stock, the ability to carry out appropriate vehicle checks, health and safety and a knowledge of the IRG products and services.